Our Brotherhood mission is to foster fellowship throughout the congregation and the greater
North Shore as well as to create programming to benefit our entire Temple Sinai community.
We organize bus trips, poker nights, movie nights, fishing trips, sporting events,
cooking nights, and a Rock N’ Roll Extravaganza. We host a speaker series, inviting members and friends to tell their stories and share professional or special-interest expertise. Programs range from Judaism and astronomy to model train-collecting to presiding over war-crimes tribunals in Bosnia!
The Brotherhood leads a Book Club that meets monthly and is open to everyone. Some of the books that we read within the last year are:
- I Know why the Caged Bird Sings—Maya Angelo
- A Gentleman in Moscow—Amor Towles
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto—Mitch Albom
- The Happiest Man on Earth—Eddie Jaku
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks—Rebecca Skloot
- Inside the O’Brien’s—Lisa Genova
- Outwitting History—Aaron Lansky
- The Kill Artist—Daniel Silva
- The Jew Store—Stella Suberman
- The Book Thief—Markus Zusak
- The Plot Against America—Phillip Roth
- Snow in August—Pete Hamill
Copies of these books are available in the Temple library.
The Brotherhood created a bi-monthly trivia contest with questions about famous Jews in
categories including sports heroes, actors/actresses, comedians, and politicians.
NOT A MEMBER? Please consider joining us to become part of this vital arm of
Brotherhood Chair: Larry Weiner